After several previous recipes, I realised that we missed something sweet. You are a dessert-lover and an oven is too complicated for you? No problem! Let’s make pancakes with a pan!
American-style pancakes are thick, fluffy and tasty. You can combine with fruits, yogurt, jam or just eat them plain. The ingredients are easy to prepare. Basically you only need flour, eggs, sugar, milk and baking powder.
In this recipe, I’m gonna use wholemeal flour, add mashed banana into the batter and fry some bananas with butter and cinnamon, sprinkle some honey and chocolate for decoration. You may need a non-stick pan to give your pancakes a beautiful even color without using oil, also a big and deep spoon to drop a large dollop of the batter per pancake into the pan. A scale is not that necessary; you can adjust with more flour or milk to make the batter’s consistency like thick yogurt. With the amount in this recipe, you can make at least fifteen pancakes. It’s perfect for sharing, and you’ll be happy to see the excited faces of your friends when they stare at the super tall stack.
300g wholemeal flour
5 medium sized eggs
4 medium sized bananas
1 teaspoon baking powder
A pinch of salt and cinnamon powder
1 tablespoon butter
Honey/jam/yogurt/chocolate for decoration
- Whisk 5 eggs in a big bowl for several minutes until they become fluffy. Add sugar and milk. Mix evenly.
- Smash 2 bananas in another bowl/cup with a fork/spoon. Mix the mashed banana into the egg bowl.
- Add flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt slowly into the bowl. Mix evenly until the batter becomes as thick as yogurt.
- Heat (medium) the pan, and use a deep spoon or ladle to put the batter into the pan. Move the pan around slowly to let the batter flow a little bit like a circle. Cook for less than 1 minute until bubbles start to form on the surface, then turn the pancake and cook the other side for 30 seconds. Remove from the pan and place onto a large plate. Repeat with the remaining batter, and put the new pancake on top of the last one.
- Randomly cut 2 bananas into slices. Heat the pan again and add a pat of butter. Fry the bananas on medium heat, sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon powder. When the bananas become golden brown, move them to the plate. Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with chopped chocolate, and you’re ready to serve!