Wahaha International School
Providing an international education for students in grades K-8 that celebrates the richness of Chinese culture.
Mission: At WIS, our students will develop a broad international understanding. They will dedicate their minds to inquiries and prepare themselves for tomorrow.
Blessed by its location, WIS borders the Qiantang River to the south and the Yuhuang Mountains to the west. It is easily accessible by public transportation. The peaceful surroundings of our school complement the rich cultural atmosphere found inside the school doors.
WIS has an internationally recognized teaching philosophy, and provides students with a broad curricula, which emphasize inquiry, solid bilingual skills and rich content knowledge on a state-of-the-art campus. We place utmost importance on developing a professional and caring faculty, who teach both Chinese and global cultures.
Hallmarks of the WIS Curriculum:
• Integrated Learning 跨学科
• Concept-based learning 概念化教学
• Inquiry-based learning 探究性学习
• Strong Chinese Language and Culture Program 坚实的中国语言文化
• East-Meets-West Math 中西合璧数学
• Physical Wellness 重视体育
As an international school, WIS can enroll:
• children of foreigners who are legally living in China (with residence cards or passports)
• children of residents of Hong Kong, Macau or Taiwan, who are legally living in Zhejiang Province (with passports, Mainland Travel Permits for Taiwan Residents or entry and transit visas)
• children of Chinese residents who are legally living overseas (with Green Cards)
Features of WIS
WIS is an independent K-8 school, and aims to help students develop a broad, international perspective. Learning through inquiry, students will be well equipped for the future.
WIS welcomes qualified local students, as well as children from Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan and other regions and countries. Each student and family will contribute to our international community.