By Logan Miller
It’s February so we all know what that means; gold digging hoes trading Cupid’s arrow for gold, jewels, overpriced roses, strawberries, and chocolate. It’s called Valentine’s Day, and we put up with it because we’re men, and we’re dumb. So yeah, to hell with that romantic jibber jabber, let’s drink and then fall in love with whatever’s closest! This is an original recipe from yours truly and I figured being in China the cocktail needs an English and Chinese name. Now let’s get down to business shall we?
Baileys Irish Cream
2 Ferrero Rocher – Fine Hazelnut
1. Take a Martini glass and decorate it with Chocolate Syrup. You can get fancy and make a design inside the glass or just close your eyes and conduct an orchestra with the syrup. The goal is to add a chocolate taste to the glass, so remember if your lover loves chocolate a lot or a little.
2. In your cocktail shaker add 1 Sugar Cube, 1 Ferrero Rocher, 15ml Baileys and then muddle the ingredients together.
3. Once you feel the sugar cube and chocolate are sufficiently mixed, add 60ml Vodka, some ice, and shake until the shaker has frosted over.
4. Strain the mixed ingredients into the martini glass. You might have to shake it a few times due to the chocolate pieces getting in the way.
5. Now take that second chocolate and with a sharp knife proceed to shave off small pieces over the glass. This will add to the presentation of the drink, provide additional taste and make you look like an expert to the person you trying to impress. If you haven’t destroyed the chocolate then take a slice out of it and place a piece on the rim of the glass as the last garnish.
6. Finally it’s time to let your lover sip and enjoy.
A few tips:
1. You can find all of these ingredients at your local hypermarket or C-Store.
2. If you happen to have that weird person in the world who does not like chocolate just buy a handful of strawberries and replace the chocolates with strawberries, the Baileys with more Vodka, and repeat the process.
3. Making cocktails with someone can be a truly intimate experience so make a night out of it, worse that can happen is some liquor goes to waste, but the laughs are worth it.