by Logan Miller
With the Dragon Boat Festival upon us and my desire to see as many women in those lovely qipao dresses as humanly possible, I had a thirst for something delicious that would bring all these images to mind. Looking at my bar I locked eyes on a lychee liqueur which sent me into testing mode. Opening different bottles of booze, giving them all a quick sniff I decided tequila would work nicely. Now all I needed is the red, but something not sweet since the lychee provides enough of that. Cranberry juice is what was needed to provide the complexity that is China to go along with the sweet lychee like the dress and the strong tequila that represents the roaring dragon boats being pushed through the water.
1. Take a rocks glass or martini glass and fill it with ice to chill it down. The glass is based on your preference or whatever is handy.
2. In your cocktail shaker add 45ml Lychee Liquor, 45ml Tequila, and 90ml Cranberry along with ice.
3. Shake till the shaker has frosted over.
4. Remove the ice from your chilled glass and pour the cocktail in your glass.
5. Peel a lemon wedge and rub it along the top of the glass, then drop it in the cocktail. This provides a nice touch to the cocktail and makes you look like you know what you are doing.